Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone remember the fuss we locals of Harringay Gardens made - petitions etc after the guy built a 30 foot long shed - on the other side of my back garden fence - he was using it to store white goods - old fridges etc...??

Well his retropsective planning application has been refused...... he can appeal of course....

Furthermore, I have heard there are some other more serious charges against the owner pending...... and some question about the legality of a possible 'hotel' on Green Lanes - near Rainbow corner shop and opposite the No 29 bus-stop.. its funny because its being denied that it is one, a hotel, but it is (allegedly) advertised on a website and I have seen people entering with suitcases on wheels while I was waiting for the No 29....... strange that...

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update from LCSP 11th June

Good News: An enforcement order has now been served on the illegal hotel
Bad News: He has until 23rd September (perfect for the holiday season) and no doubt there will be the usual round of appeals and other gubbins these people do to slow down/thwart the planning proceedings.
would liked to've seen his face when got the order. Nice one Liz
and the news is - drilling/angle grinding,electirc sawing (whatever..lots of noise) started on Sunday afternoon while I was enjoying my garden. I rang Noise enforcement and they said they'd send someone down... haven't heard. Today again went to sit in my garden ... drilling/noise started again and went on all afternoon .. I rang them again and was told that it was legal for DIY (?) in a g'garden' between 8 and 6. Pointed out to them that it was no longer a garden, it was the back of an illegal HMO with an illegal shed in, used to illegally store white goods as no planning permission for any of it and it was hardly 'DIY' when it was men employed by the owner to do works probably ahving no connection with the property. It was being used as some kind of workshop. I knew this was going to happen when I saw that shed going up... I knew he'd be doing all sorts out there once the dust had settled and residents and council had gone back to sleep.

I asked for a 'Noise control' person to call me back about an hour ago... still waiting.....grrrrrr...
Let's keep on it, Sapphireblue, so sorry for you! Keep it up tough, noise control has to log the calls. And call planning enforcement again, just in case!
From last weeks LCSP meeting: The gentleman in question has lost his appeal on the big fence and shed and must take it down by the end of October
Yes! Result!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service