Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just a reminder that Harringay is now a part of the new Hornsey and Friern Barnet constituency. Catherine West our Labour candidate had been MP for the previous constiuency for the past 9 years. Over the last year Catherine has spent a lot of time in Harringay ward and will be out and about here over the next few weeks. Say hello if you see her, she's really friendly and likes nothing better than engaging with voters.

If you would like any information about the campaign message me via HOL. If you would like to show your support for Catherine and a change of government why not put up a poster of a garden stake. Both are free, just contact me and I'll arrange delivery.

Phil Markham - Harringay Labour Branch Secretary

Views: 1059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's not correct Phil.

Half of Harringay remains consigned to the Tottenham electorate and thus continues to suffer David Lammy. 

Within Harringay only Harringay ward has changed hands.

I stand corrected, defining the limits of 'Harringay' is a fraught old business. Yes, the arena, East Side of Green Lanes etc.are not in the ward but not much else is outwith? HOL readership know who and where they are I trust 

Fraught? Surely not any more! 15 years ago we had a well-meaning councillor and cabinet member who denied that Harringay existed and with one thing and another things had all got very blurred. Now, I think matters are clearer and are pretty much in line with the map I set out well over a deacade ago.

There historically were and still are four main areas of Harringay:

• Harringay Ladder
  • Woodlands Park
  • The Gardens
  • Hermitage and Warehouse District

Thanks for the clarity, Hugh.

Gee, what could you possibly have against Lammy?

Here's our little Aussie battler on X.com claiming to have voted for a cessation of fighting in Gaza.

Of course, she didn't actually vote for a ceasefire... she abstained.

This kind of dishonesty was once abhorred, now it's rewarded with safe seats and absolute power in the House.

We get the politicians we deserve.

A ceasefire is a surrender to the Hamassholes. Sod that!

That must be gratifying, Phil. Labour's appeal to the far right seems to be working a treat.

Not 'far right'. Just right.

Yeah, let's keep bombing and starving 2million innocent civilians.

Go you

No-one is deliberately bombing civilians except Hamas which has regularly launched rockets into civilian Israeli neighbourhoods over the last decade or so and continues to do so.

There is an easy solution. Hamas can return the hostages, hand over the perpetrators of the 7 October massacre of innocents and lay down it's weapons.

The fact remains innocent civilians are beinn killed and starving

Is that the same Hamas that was financially supported by the state of  israeli? (rhetorical)

And if you think resetting to October 7th will bring a just and lasting peace, well...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service