Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Notice strapped to a post outside the Palace giving notice dated 16th July 2009 and requiring a response by 13th August 2009.

That's a 40% increase of revellers on our doorstep and needs some consideration.
This is a Permanent Premises Licence not just an occasional exceptional application.

It raises some key questions:

Should we welcome the Palace becoming a major function arena and paying its way?

Has allowance been made for additional infrastructure demands, e.g. toilets and litter?

Have the Trustees allowed for extra policing, parking, traffic, public transport, noise, etc?

Thanks to Chico's N8 Webwatch site for the words & photo.

Tags for Forum Posts: Alexandra Palace, ally pally

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Subject to the provision of adequate facilities as you mention above, I think we should welcome it as it represents additional income and promises increased usage of the premises. Perhaps the additional income will be ploughed back into the maintenance of the building ?
I AGREE John. The council's trading company ("APTL") is under pressure to increase income, all of which is covenanted to our Charitable Trust.

The big picture is that on Monday, on the back of a council officer report and recommendation, the full council decided not to discharge the (alleged) debt of almost £40,000,000 hung around our Charity's neck. A discharge was requested by the Trust Board.

The Trust Board comprises Haringey Borough Councillors and the public was treated to the charade of those councillors being obliged to leave the council chamber while the report was referred to, for about six minutes.

For the past 29 years, the steward and corporate Trustee of Ally Pally has been none other than our local council.

I've attached the council officer's report and would be interested in any comments others might have ...

Attachments:
The Journal ran a story on the plans a couple of weeks back if anyone would like to find out more:

http://www.muswellhilljournal24.co.uk/content/haringey/muswellhillj...
Support this greater use of Ally Pally in full.
Yeah - I'd support that. It would be great to get some decent gigs close to home
I think Ally Pally is underused and anything that could finance it's future is surely a good thing. Sure, there's no slip roads to the M1 or M25 but there is the BR station and tube stations close by.
I don't object to the idea - it brings the venue capacity up to 10000, simply a nice round number, which will get more promoters choosing to use it. Because of the Palace's remote location it is unlikely to have too much of an adverse effect. The increase in status will, on the other hand bring in a lot more punters and more famous names. The current capacity is 8250.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service