Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I don’t know what the deadline is for the candidates for the local elections are but anyone with any concrete information on who will be standing for each party and ward could you post it here.

I have contacted the local parties and elections office at the council and will post any information they pass on.

It seems from the councils archives that we have only had a choice of four or five parties in the last local election in 2006; Labour, Lib-Dems, Conservatives, Respect and Greens unlike other elections when there has been a larger presence from fringe and smaller parties.

2010 Candidates (to be updated as information arrives)

Harringay:
Labour: Gina Adamou / Jonathan Vellapah / Nora Mulready
Lib-Dem: Karen Alexander / David Schmitz / Chris Ford
Conservative: Tim Caines /
Green:
Respect (?):

St Anns:
Labour: Zena Brabazon / David Browne / Nilgun Canver
Lib-Dem:
Conservative: Phevious Joannides / Micheal Olajide /
Green:
Respect:

Seven Sisters:
Labour: Dhiren Basu / Joe Goldberg / Claire Kober
Lib-Dem:
Conservative: Justin Hichcliffe / Mahir Gul / Isaac Revah
Green:
Respect (?):

2006 Election Results attached

Amended 4.40pm - 28/2

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local election, 2010 local elections, Elections, local_democracy

Views: 204

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for publishing those results from 2006 Birdy. I've made an extract for the three Harringay wards here. I've also added a little bit of analysis. The two interesting things for me from that are:

1. How very marginal Harringay ward is.
2. The apparently very different results for second placed parties in the three wards. Harringay was very finely balanced between Labour and Lib Dems, in St Ann's the Respect Party ran second and in Seven Sister's the Conservatives were runners up.

In terms of filling in the gaps:

The Harringay Labour leaflet I uploaded shows their three candidates as Gina Adamou, Jonathan Vellapah and Gina Adamou.

I know that Zena Brabazon is a Labour candidate in St Ann's and Justin Hinchcliffe a Conservative candidate in Seven Sisters.

Psst: There's no 'e' in St Ann's
Don't you just hate it when people get place names wrong : ) Accordingly amended.
From elsewhere on the site and Justin Hinchcliffe's FaceBook page, I've got these for the Conservative Party

"Tim Caines for Harringay - tim@tottenhamconservatives.com - we will chose the other two within a fortnight.

For St. Ann's Ward we have Phevious Joannides, Micheal Olajide"

Mahir Gul and Isaac Revah for Seven Sisters

The St Ann's Lab candidates are also selected. Julie might be able to give you their names.
Are those St A and SS names all Conservative, Liz?

I'm probably going too far here, but wouldn't it be nice to have bios on all these folk.
yes, gleaned from various jottings on the Internet by Justin.
A quick google search around the parties reveals nothing. They all concentrate on the General election and have nothing that I can see about local elections

Tottenham Conservatives

Lib dems

Tottenham Labour

Amusingly a search for Haringey Labour brings you this

Haringey Greens

Nothing on Respect

If I'm looking in the wrong place, I'm happy to be corrected.
Hugh said: "The Harringay Labour leaflet I uploaded shows their three candidates as Gina Adamou, Jonathan Vellapah and Gina Adamou."

Gina is a magnificent candidate, Hugh, but even we're not thinking of running her twice ...

Labour candidates in the other wards you mention are:

St Ann's: Zena Brabazon, David Browne, Nilgun Canver
Seven Sisters: Dhiren Basu, Joe Goldberg, Claire Kober

(Info on me: Labour Party candidate in Hornsey ward, partner to Nora [who is our third candidate here])
Doh! How could we forget Nilgun? :)
Scandalised you raise this issue John. Living in Harringay and working with a musical lady like Nora, you of all people should be conscious of why things are named twice.
I thought we got away with it without anyone noticing!
There may of course be changes in any of the party lists between now and May.
entire councillor's allowance on Flouch's Dream, which
romped home in the 3.20 at Ascot. Joan is moving to a
new home in Bali.
Can't help feeling if these folk are up for election, it shouldn't be so bloody hard to find out who they are. Seems to me that so far the only party willing to share is Labour.

You wrote to the parties how long ago Birdy?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service