Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Images from the same spot through one year. Audio captured at the same place.

Tags for Forum Posts: photo, photos

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is lovely.

Perhaps I should film the same barrier on front of the Harringay Passage on Warham Road for a year and amaze everyone with the ebb and flow of junk dumped there, especially Cllr Haley.
Reminded me of a short SF story which used the idea of 'slow glass. (Light Of Other Days by Bob Shaw.)

I was especially impressed when Eirik Solheim explains that his 'Year' is only thirty-five still images, merged with dissolves.

Maybe even more intriguing is how (relatively) cheap hardware and software tools keep extending the creative possibilities. And widening both the number of people who can access these tools and the potential audience for their work via the Internet.
fantastic.

who is going to do a HOL one for 2009?!!!
It's amazing how the body reacts to seeing and hearing spring (the birds) at the same time.. You can actually feel the sap beginning to rise... :o) Only another 12 weeks to go... thank goodness for that !!! ( -6°C here today)..
London currently has a digital radio station called Birdsong. Broadcasting continuous . . . yes . . . birdsong. Apparently it was a test for a new station, but is now available online.
When Classic FM were testing before the service started, they used to transmit a continuous loop of countryside sounds. I can still hear the dog barking far off in the distance. Very soothing it was too.
F/F Open space or Ducketts would be cool or even the roof top garden at NHP with a web cam?
How beautiful, and so clever. I'd love to see a similar one for Finsbury Park or maybe Railway Fields?

I've seen a fantastic series of photos of a tree taken over a year (one a week or thereabouts?) but they were static.
Thanks, Hugh for digging this out again for me.
Eirik Solheim has posted another longer video taken nearer the trees.

http://vimeo.com/2773102
Great stuff.

Alan

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service