Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello dear residents from Warham Road,

We have just moved to Warham road with our new born baby and we are so glad to see the community feeling through out this website.

We are guessing some of you had received a letter from the council about 19 Warham Road which we are concerned about it as we live close by.

Having looked at the planning history, 19 Warham road had a refusal about flats conversion in 2010.

Now there is a new application of: Erection of rear second floor extension and creation of front and rear lightwells to basement. (Householder application)

The residence is planned to be a multiple occupancy house converted into an eight bedroom house (currently four bedroom house) to rent to students and young professionals.

We will be very grateful to know what your opinion on this is before we reply to the council consultation.

Please see link attached with planning details.

http://hgyol.in/RdcLEH 

Kind Regards

Lorena

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pralo,

I'm not on Warham, but have some experience. Basically OBJECT! The Ladder is a non conversion area, it is illegal to convert a Ladder house into flats, and any planning application should automatically be turned down. To make sure it is, object, and keep an eye on the house, to make sure no work is carried out after all. If you see anything, report it to the council immediately. Good luck!

They're not converting it to flats... they're converting it into a house with more rooms so they can rent it out as "rooms", i.e. an HMO.

Thank you for your support. We are summiting our objection. It is causing disstress in our family this situation and I hope everything goes well.

Hi Pralo and welcome. I live at 8 Warham. Come over and say hello. I think you might have already met my husband David.
Just had a look at the plans and as John said they are definitely proposing an HMO (the lack of a living room is a dead give away). This should be refused by Haringey as The Ladder has a restriction on the further development of HMOs but please object. I will too.
Just sent in my objection via the website.

is this the one a couple of doors down from you?  I had a look at it this morning from the front and back and it looks like a house they are trying to convert into a 'room farm'. Its a bit like the place I lived in when I was teaching in Potters Bar. Had a kitchen, but no living room. No home feeling at all, just a cash cow for the landlord.

It's on the other side of the road from me. I think the one you can see seems legit so far.m we had a notice of an application to demolish the existing single storey back lean too and rebuild.

Thank you again Michael and David for you warm welcome and active support on this matter.

It is so great to have such good neighbours. Thank you!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service