Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (266)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ducketts Common on the verge

A great way to help pollinators and wild flowers is to leave strips of grass unmown. At Ducketts Common, the Parks department at Haringey C…

Started by Liz

5 Jun 4, 2017
Reply by Smithoix

The Great British Bee Count

Got a smartphone? Want to help bees? Then join the Great British Bee Count with Friends of the Earth, supported by Buglife. You don't need…

Started by Liz

0 May 25, 2017

In defence of the magpie

The first magpie ran quickly and elegantly along the middle of the lower roof before ascending, with ease, the steeper brick wall that sepa…

Started by Liz

2 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Liz

Ancient Balkan Spring traditions find their way to a local park

At the beginning of March I read about the Balkan tradition of Martia - the red and white threads worn from March 1st ( a Bulgarian nationa…

Started by Liz

5 Mar 24, 2017
Reply by D S

Frog in the Passage #wildinharringay

Oooh Spring! With this beautiful frog in the Harringay Passage, you are really spoiling us! And there's frog spawn in the pond at Railway F…

Started by Liz

11 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by Anka

Checking for signs of Spring in Railway Fields

Paid a quick visit to Railway Fields on Monday. Whilst the kids played on the swings, I had time to do a quick tour of the site looking for…

Started by Liz

6 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Liz

The first bumblebee of 2017

Paying a visit to Stroud Green and Harringay Library, I had a little look at the mahonia to see if there were any insects I could bother. A…

Started by Liz

3 Jan 27, 2017
Reply by Elin

Nature notes: King Alfred's Cakes and a Shoveler

Finally able to drag the smalls out of the house last Sunday, we spent the afternoon at Woodberry Wetlands before walking back down the New…

Started by Liz

0 Dec 8, 2016

Winter wanders: a frosty morning in Railway Fields

There are worse ways to spend a Monday morning than exploring the frosty landscape of Railway Fields, however, the winter sun soon broke t…

Started by Liz

3 Dec 6, 2016
Reply by Liz

Tottenham Autumn ambles: Michaelmas Melancholy and Mushrooms

My regular readers (all half a dozen of you) will know that this year a wander across Tottenham's finest parks ( a personal opinion, natura…

Started by Liz

6 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service