Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nature notes: Bumblebees thrive in towns more than in the country

In the news this week it was revealed that bumblebees are now faring better in towns and cities than in fields. Researchers from Royal Holl…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 5, 2018

Nature notes: scenes from a secret wild garden in the heart of Harringay

The oxeye daisies are dancing, purple knapweed blazes, huge heads of yarrow push up through the grasses and the daisies, mauve tufted vetch…

Started by Liz

2 Jun 29, 2018
Reply by Charlotte A

The state of Ducketts Common

Last Saturday, after attending a meeting of the Haringey Parks Forum, I decided to walk home from Turnpike Lane across Ducketts Common. It…

Started by Liz

7 Jun 8, 2018
Reply by John D

Nature notes: six photos of Nature taken in the Harringay Passage

As some know, one of my mantras is that every walk is a nature walk. It’s always possible to find the natural world creeping into neglected…

Started by Liz

4 Jun 1, 2018
Reply by Liz

Front garden watch: the roses of Burgoyne

In my perambulations around Harringay and its environs, I do like to have a peek in people's front gardens. While I accept that many people…

Started by Liz

10 May 25, 2018
Reply by Justin Guest

Join the Great British Bee Count

Join the bee survey by Friends of the Earth from 17 May to 30 June 2018, and discover how to help bumblebees and solitary bees this summer.…

Started by Liz

1 May 25, 2018
Reply by Lisa

Nature notes: the diary of an EEVO

This week has been super busy and I’ve spent most of it outside so no time to sit and read. So I thought that for a change I’d share some o…

Started by Liz

3 May 18, 2018
Reply by Peter Corley

A feast for the senses: what to see in Railway Fields in May

There is no month quite like May for the nature lover. Our patience is finally rewarded and all the treasures of Spring are there for our p…

Started by Liz

2 May 11, 2018
Reply by Richard Woods

Introducing the recently appointed Conservation Officer for Haringey (hooray!)

After two and a half years without a Conservation Officer, Haringey Council finally has one.  Ed Santry grew up in the borough and is delig…

Started by Liz

5 May 11, 2018
Reply by Liz

Dawn Chorus walk at Railway Fields this weekend

Come down to Railway Fields this Sunday morning and experience the magical sound of birdsong at dawn. Birder Quentin Given will be offering…

Started by Liz

1 May 10, 2018
Reply by Maddy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service