Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Swifts hit new low as poor weather takes its toll

If you thought that you weren't seeing many swifts this year, you're right. Their mass migration has been hit by stormy weather in the Med…

Started by Liz

3 Jun 21, 2019
Reply by Maria Law

A flurry of fledglings in the neighbourhood

From goslings at Woodberry Wetlands to a cheeky baby robin splashing me with water while I had a cup of tea in the garden, the fledglings a…

Started by Liz

5 Jun 7, 2019
Reply by Charlie Owen

Urban Trees: Masters of Survival

Lovely little animation about Hamburg (in English) about the value that street trees bring to our towns and cities. "They are the green hea…

Started by Liz

0 Jun 6, 2019

Why country birds are coming to town

It's bird feeders of course! Do you feed birds in your garden? I do and it's wonderful to see the daily visits from goldfinches, tits, blac…

Started by Liz

2 May 31, 2019
Reply by tigha

Save the earthworms!

No they aren't furry and cute, they don't even have eyes but we should love them all the same. Here's why

Started by Liz

4 May 23, 2019
Reply by anne barwick

Help wanted to keep the Warham planters watered

I write this as the first heavy shower for days is happening obviously, but please can anyone who lives nearish to the Warham planters give…

Started by Liz

1 May 22, 2019
Reply by Donna FT

Would you consider composting your body when you die?

I think I would. Grow a tree in my remains.  Listen here You may have to sign into the BBC Sounds app to listen

Started by Liz

17 May 17, 2019
Reply by Katie K

Do you have plant blindness?

If I asked you to describe a fox or a pigeon, chances are you'd have no trouble doing so. What about if I asked you to describe shepherd's…

Started by Liz

5 May 3, 2019
Reply by Liz

Come see the cow parsley at Railway Fields...

...or Queen Anne's Lace, as it's also known, which is growing profusely at Railway Fields at the moment. It is is attractive to a huge numb…

Started by Liz

7 Apr 26, 2019
Reply by John D

Hanami at St Ann's Hospital

Every walk is a nature walk

Started by Liz

4 Apr 20, 2019
Reply by Michael Heneghan

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service