Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'local newspapers' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tottenham & Wood Green Independent - general impressions?

Hi all,Wonder if anyone would be willing to share general impressions about the Tottenham & Wood Green Independent as a news outlet?Ope…

Started by Shar

5 Apr 2, 2021
Reply by JJ B

Local newspapers "just aren't worth saving"

George Monbiot argues that "the vacuity and cowardice of the local papers has been exacerbated by consolidation, profit-seeking, the collap…

Started by Liz

12 Jun 14, 2013
Reply by Neville Collins

Local Newspapers

Interesting article here about the decline of local newspapers. The writer suggests that local authorities should "stop wasting money on th…

Started by Danzigger

11 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by StephenBln

I have a Thing about the Haringey People Magazine

When I first lived in Haringey, I remember being interested in reading the Haringey People. From what I recall its remit was broader, cover…

Started by Hugh

47 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by Hugh

"Council-run newspapers not a misuse of public money"

nor are they being used to further political agendas, says Audit Commission,More at Guardian Media

Started by Liz

11 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Alan Stanton

Councils ponder pulling advertising for planning applications

A recent study found that people did not look for planning notices in their local press. The findings of suggest that many councils could…

Started by Hugh

27 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by Liz

Beware of town hall spin says top judge

England's most senior judge warned yesterday that town hall 'spin' is a threat to a free society. Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge said that…

Started by Hugh

4 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by Liz

National investigation "How much local council coverage is there in your local newspaper?"

The story of the demise of traditional local media is well known. It excites a variety of views. Internet commentator, Clay Shirky, is one…

Started by Hugh

8 Nov 12, 2009
Reply by fmw

Angry people in local newspapers

First we had the Glum Councillors site, now we have a site dedicated to angry people in local newspapers. Thankfully local digital sites s…

Started by Hugh

1 Nov 11, 2009

Town Hall Bugle kills off local papers

According to the Times, "Local authorities are spending nearly £50m a year on propaganda freesheets that peddle a diet of mayoral tea parti…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 5, 2009

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service