Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Books to give away

With charity shops closed and things mounting up, thought I'd see if anyone wanted any of these books. If so, DM me which ones and I can le…

Started by Ruth

5 Jan 29, 2021
Reply by Ruth

New Historic England listings for post-war landscapes, parks and gardens

I know there's a few fans like myself of post-war architecture and planning on the forum so I'm sure they'll be interested in this announce…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 28, 2020
Reply by Lesley

Historic site in Tottenham up for auction - help secure it

The land behind 7-8 Bruce Grove, Tottenham, is up for auction next Weds 25 March. This is a huge opportunity to secure this land of importa…

Started by Quentin Given

3 Mar 24, 2020
Reply by Bob Lindsay-Smith

A Conversation with... Haringey Vanguard BAME LGBTQ+ History Group

50 Years On: Reflections on UK BAME LGBTQ+ life after Stonewall Sunday 27 October, 1.30-4pm In 2019, there has been lots of celebration…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 3, 2019

Get your copy of the 2018 London Rebel History Calendar

Evenin all,Well, the nights are fair drawin in... The season of Gin and Wonderingwhat to buy for difficult family members in upon us again.…

Started by John Tyre

0 Dec 22, 2017

Ally Pally History question

I'm doing some research on the history of Alexandra Palace, and wondered if anyone knows why there is a Traitor's Gate and an Elephant Walk…

Started by Maria Huybens

21 Oct 10, 2016
Reply by Maria Huybens

What future for Haringey? A film from 1974

A film made as a preface to the Haringey Borough Plan of 1974, seeking rates payers opinions on the use of council cash and land. It begins…

Started by Dan

2 Sep 19, 2016
Reply by S.H.

London transport museum presents hidden London disused tube tour

Two tickets available for this afternoons hidden London tour of charring cross disused tube station See where skyfall and Paddington were…

Started by Sticky beak

0 Apr 16, 2016

Exhibitions at Bruce Castle Museum

Hidden Heroes - Soldiers from the Empire 8 October 2015 – 27 March 2016 Eastside Community Heritage and Middlesex University present a pre…

Started by Liz

0 Nov 12, 2015

BBC People's History of Pop - Haringey Music Memories

Hi everyone, I am a Harringay resident working on an exciting new BBC multi-media project called the People's History of Pop. We're collabo…

Started by Emma Love

0 Sep 23, 2015

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service