Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'haringey 20th century music' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chris Barber and Wood Green Jazz Club

Is anyone still around who frequented the Wood Green Jazz Club in the mid-1950s? I lived at Clarence Road, just a few minutes walk from the…

Started by peter anderson

22 Aug 22, 2023
Reply by Shirley King

March 1969: Led Zeppelin play The Bluesville '69 Club at The Hornsey Wood Tavern

I used to drink in this pub opposite Finsbury Park on Seven Sisters Road all through the late 90s and early 00s. We had lock-ins that ran…

Started by Liz

6 Mar 22, 2019
Reply by Richard Woods

Valentine's Day gig for the Rolling Stones in Manor House...

...in 1963 This is all the info I have, taken off a Stones fan site IT WAS 56 YEARS AGO TODAY! Feb. 14, 1963: Manor House Pub, Harringay J…

Started by Liz

8 Feb 15, 2019
Reply by Mavic Starfish

Last Minute Local Music Gift ' "Tubby Hayes and the Downbeat Big Band: Blues at the Manor 1959-60"

Some Manor House music history - more here  Buy on Amazon here - and I'm sure it's available other places too.

Started by Hugh

5 Aug 31, 2018
Reply by brian granville

Tatchell Recalls George Michael in Harringay & Manor House

Writing in the Independent, Peter Tatchell recalls his first meetings with George MIchael in Manor House and Harringay: I first met George…

Started by Hugh

16 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by Michael Anderson

Fishmongers Arms and Fagans Wood Green

Both local jazz / rock hot-spots back in the dim and distant past. Anyone out there with any memories ? Thanks Steve Wilkins

Started by Steve Wilkins

10 Aug 4, 2015
Reply by Ed Butler

Short film featuring the Wood Green Jazz Club circa 1954/55

Thought some Hol members might like to venture out to this The ICA are showing a couple of films in October as part of the Story of London…

Started by Dermot

2 Oct 1, 2010
Reply by Dermot

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service