Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'free reads' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The dangerous world of British betting shops

A well-written and compelling look at life for the workers in the betting shops on our high streets and the apparent indifference of employ…

Started by Liz

3 Jun 2, 2016
Reply by John McMullan

How citizen science uncovered the poisoning of a city

Flint, Michigan is a poor city. Maybe that's why the authorities weren't too bothered about reports that the drinking water was murky and t…

Started by Liz

3 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by Liz

Free reads on the Net: Grab a free #NationalPoetryDay anthology

If you hadn't already guessed today is National Poetry Day. This year's theme is Light and you can download a free anthology of classic and…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 8, 2015

Four free reads on the Net: 4 short stories mentioned in Paperboy

After a month long break, free reads is back. I have been reading for the whole month since Christmas (honestly) but haven't had much time…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 2, 2015

Four free reads on the Net: Christmas

With the Christmas holidays coming upon us, hopefully you can find some time to get some reading done. Here’s some Christmas themed reads t…

Started by Liz

0 Dec 23, 2014

Four free reads on the Net: fairy tales...and dragons

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” C S Lewis I have always had a love of the fantasy and magic of fairy…

Started by Liz

0 Dec 15, 2014

Four free reads on the Net: Winter is coming

Turning colder these past few days, it certainly feels like winter has arrived. Snow shovels on stand by, winter coats out of the wardrobe,…

Started by Liz

2 Dec 10, 2014
Reply by Liz

Four free reads on the Net: on growing older (dis)gracefully

This week I stumbled across the original Latin motto for the Bishopsgate Institute, Senesco non Segnesco, and took to Twitter (naturally) t…

Started by Liz

2 Dec 5, 2014
Reply by pamish

Four free reads on the Net: It's Short Story Week

It’s Short Story week this week, which isn’t something I’ve made up to justify my love of the short story but a real thing that happened fr…

Started by Liz

0 Nov 21, 2014

Four free reads on the Net: The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists

Poverty is not caused by men and women getting married; it's not caused by machinery; it's not caused by "over-production"; it's not cause…

Started by Liz

2 Nov 14, 2014
Reply by Finsbury Park Ranger

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service