Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'food' (122)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hooray for the British asparagus season!

Anyone else a fan? Personally, I like it straight, with a bit of hollandaise . What's your favourite way to eat those yummy green spears? B…

Started by Liz

15 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Liz

Top soil and compost urgently needed for South Harringay Junior School

Spring is springing and works are underway to get the garden kick-started along the bank of the New River for South Harringay Junior School…

Started by Lucy Jaffe

0 Mar 3, 2011

Grants of between £150-£1,000 available for community food growing spaces

Grants of between £150-£1,000 are available for community food growing spaces across London from Capital Growth. If you are interested i…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 18, 2010

Allotments

Hi, I just wondered if anyone else was interested in an allotment. Basically I've been on the landshare website for over a year to see if a…

Started by LE-newby

22 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by LE-newby

Is there anywhere I can have a local food stall?

Hi just thinking of setting up a Pie stall, and wondered if anyone knows of a Saturday/Sunday market I can do this, say Crouch end, muswell…

Started by Marika

2 Mar 11, 2010
Reply by Marika

What would you suggest for a Harringay food walk?

Hugh mused in this post about guided food walks what form a Harringay food walk might take. I guess no food walk would be complete withou…

Started by Liz

17 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Mr Growbag

"Shocking content of doner kebab"

more from the Haringey Independent here

Started by Adam

3 Jan 30, 2009

Cooking up for the Ladder Summer Fete

Start chopping chillies for the curry, popping the pasta in the pan, simmering the (goat?) stew, baking those brownies...entry to the ladde…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 3, 2008

Fresh Fish to your Door From Grimsby

Walking down the hill just now, I chanced upon a neighbour choosing fish from the back of a very smart looking Mercedes van. I had to find…

Started by Hugh

11 Jun 18, 2008
Reply by Angela

Make the Sour Taste Sweet - a cure for Haringey Council or just another Foodie Fad?

Make your own mind up with the BBC's article from last month. And if you have an arm and a leg to spare, grow your own with your own plant…

Started by Hugh

0 May 28, 2008

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service