Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'flowers' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Signs of Spring: Lesser Celandines Appear At Railway Fields

Wordsworth's favourite flower is in bloom at Railway Fields. Yesterday, the 21 February, was Celandine Day.  It has been called that since…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 22

Tibetan tree peony

This splendid plant was grown from a neighbour's seed a few years ago.  Every Spring it produces these great yellow flowers.…

Started by Dick Harris

6 Apr 23, 2022
Reply by maggie

Weed of the month: Herb Robert

Walk down the Harringay Passage at the moment and you'll soon spot a pretty pink flower growing in the cracks and on the tops of walls. The…

Started by Liz

10 May 20, 2016
Reply by Dick Harris

All the oranges of Autumn outside my window

A mild November, a show of oranges

Started by Liz

4 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Geraldine

The colours of the front gardens of N15

I went for a walk. The gardens of N15 were still full of colour despite the autumn chill. Still, there's a reminder that winter is not…

Started by Liz

1 Oct 2, 2015
Reply by Geraldine

The colours of early summer in Harringay

are purple and white. Astounding alliums in Frobisher Road, courtesy of the northern team of the Friends of Harringay Passage Gardening Gro…

Started by Liz

1 May 14, 2015
Reply by Philip

Artificial lilac roses for sale

We have 50x artificial lilac roses for sale, used just once at our wedding last summer. Very pretty, we just don't have a use for them! £15…

Started by Matt

1 Apr 19, 2015
Reply by Matt

A purple patch in Downhills Park

Viola riviniana (or the common dog violet) is putting quite a show on one of the banks by the Philip Lane entrance to Downhills Park

Started by Liz

0 Mar 30, 2015

Doesn't take much to bee friendly

In a part of Green Lanes which is more often noted for the overflowing rubbish bins and discarded mattresses, one window sill has struck ba…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 23, 2015

Led up the garden path on Green Lanes

by this delightful display along a Green Lanes N8 garden path I wish I'd taken pictures a week or two earlier because then this garden wa…

Started by Liz

3 Oct 20, 2014
Reply by Ruth

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service