Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged '0' (44,090)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Could this be Alexandra Palace circa 1910s

Looking through my Grandad's old photos I spotted the below - which must have been taken circa 1910s. They lived in Liverpool Road, Islingt…

Started by cavendishmark

11 Mar 17
Reply by Gordon H

Trees of Harringay: cherry blossom time! #blossomwatch

With the first day of Spring fast approaching, the cherry trees coming into flower feels right on cue.  Here's a sweet one on Umfreville a…

Started by Liz

3 Mar 17
Reply by John Shulver

Sainsbury's is Cash Only today

As per : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68584235 And the cash machine at Sainsbury's isn't working either.

Started by adamvietnam

1 Mar 16
Reply by John D

Giving away a piano

If anyone would like this beautiful mahogany piano we would be glad to split the removals cost. It needs a good overhaul and tuning. D/M me…

Started by Glenys

5 Mar 16
Reply by Glenys

Haringey to be Borough of Culture 2027

For more info, see: www.timeout.com/london/news/londons-boroughs-of-culture-for-2025-and-2027-have-been-revealed-031224?utm_source=facebook

Started by Elizabeth

0 Mar 16

Reliable lady seeks cleaning work

My friend Marta ( Spanish mother tongue, with enough English to cope with domestic work ) is looking for casual house cleaning. Lives in Br…

Started by John D

3 Mar 16
Reply by Gordon T

Punk rock: Hornsey At War?

Wonder if any longer-term residents have heard of this group called Hornsey At War (who put out a homemade record in the early 1980s? https…

Started by Cml

19 Mar 16
Reply by Cml

Bowes Road Band, 1973

A nice bit of local cultural/historical ephemera that I don't see mention of here on HoL previously -  I came across reference to the Bowes…

Started by vaneska

3 Mar 16
Reply by vaneska

Free - toddlers desk and chair

In decent condition. Our son only used it for a short while.  The table top opens to a drawer.  collection from Bounds Green N11 Will fit…

Started by Sonia Davda

2 Mar 15
Reply by Sonia Davda

Listed Hornsey cattle trough given new protection from bad drivers

In a little bit of heritage news, the listed cattle trough in Hornsey High Street which is in front of Great Northern Railway Tavern now ha…

Started by Liz

1 Mar 15
Reply by Richard Woods

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service