Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river wildlife' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cygnet Family Outing, Patient Mr Heron, Bloody Beer Can Trees....(and a can of White Truffles?)

On my way to Crouch End this morning, I saw the Wightman heron again. The other week he was on Wightman Castle (ahem). Today he was waiting…

Started by Hugh

9 Oct 18, 2018
Reply by Gordon T

Wightman Road Heron

This snapshot and grainy crop might not do the bird justice, but they do record what I foud to be a surprising sight. To see a heron si…

Started by Hugh

12 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Has anyone else seen a swan doing this???

This chappie was playing with his reflection for over 20 minutes and I spotted him (why do I think it's a him?) doing it again the follow…

Started by YvonneR

15 Sep 8, 2018
Reply by Bob Lindsay-Smith

Oh no! Only 5 cygnets - anyone know what happened to the other 3?

For the last few days there have only been 5 cygnets with their parents. I suspect it's not good news - but does anyone anything about the…

Started by YvonneR

11 Aug 10, 2018
Reply by YvonneR

Harringay being Eaten by Americans!

Walking through Finsbury Park earlier, I saw a couple of workmen finishing off a job on the western bank of the New River in the park. Ch…

Started by Hugh

19 Jan 5, 2017
Reply by Antoinette

Kingfisher Sighting

Just to let the people of Harringay know that I spotted a KINGFISHER on the new river a couple of days ago. I was amazed and delighted. Tri…

Started by Alice Mezzo

7 Mar 4, 2016
Reply by Eilidh

Piggy-Back Swan

Walking along the New River near Hornsey this afternoon, I heard an extraordinary kerfuffle. Looking round, I saw that a large swan was cha…

Started by Hugh

0 May 30, 2015

3 little ducklings can you see, New River Wild Life

Unfortunately my son noticed three kids with a large dog were throwing stones at them, I approached them and asked them to stop, the duckli…

Started by matthew cuthbert

32 May 19, 2014
Reply by AndrewAW1

hello swan family

It's been a while since I've seen this pair of swans with babies and this year they have seven! Caught them eating breakfast on the New Riv…

Started by Rebecca

4 Jun 10, 2013

Swan stuck in New River

Walking along New River today between Hampden Road and where it goes under Wightman Road we found a swan, quite distressed,s stuck in the w…

Started by Charlotte

13 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by Geoff

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service