Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,581)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Harringay Blogger

New Harringay-based blog Mother's Ruin seems to have slipped under the HoL radar since it started back in June this year. Our local blog…

Started by Hugh

4 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Michelle

woodlands park nursery unfair rating

This is a fairly detailed post, and probably a bit tedious to read but if you are interested I would like to go through in some detail what…

Started by Katie-Meg

8 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Birdy_Too

Traffic Calming Measures on Wightman Road

Is there anyone else out there who is as distressed as i am at the state of the Wightman Road 'race track'? The speed of the traffic, the u…

Started by andy

33 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by John McMullan

Latest Planning Applications

The only entry that affects Harringay area this week is for the Athena Hotel. Seems like it's been operating under a betting shop licence.…

Started by Hugh

2 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by Anette

20 mph for Wightman Road - consultation agreed

News from the Hornsey Journal The proposal to cut the limit from 30mph to 20mph and improve safety for Wightman Road, which links Turnpik…

Started by Liz

37 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by TTTH

Anyone for a daytime class for keeping your zips up, buttons closed? (and yourself generally fit!)

No really. Apparently the average person consumes 6000 calories on xmas day (independant), or 7000 per xmas day(daily mail). And that's jus…

Started by sparkle

0 Nov 25, 2009

Monster sign to bite the dust

Anne Barwick drew our attention to this sign back in October: As a result of that posting I was in touch with the Council and Cllr. Nilg…

Started by Hugh

9 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by anne barwick

513 (The old Nationwide Bank) Green Lanes- another betting shop?

This in from the LCSP: You may recall that in July the LCSP alerted residents to the proposed change of use at the above address (formerly…

Started by Liz

57 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Anette

Don't trust what the VOA (council tax banding records) says when looking up a suspect Illegal conversion

We now have it on good authority that the council tax records CAN be altered and back dated. So an illegal conversion can look legit if you…

Started by VIX

4 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Anette

A Harringay Christmas Letter to Santa

Having just finished helping the kids to write their letters to the Man in Red, I thought I might knock one up for myself. I 'm sure he's a…

Started by Liz

1 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service