Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,001)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harringay Green Lanes – Gospel Oak additional rush hour service

The Barking to Gospel Oak User Group advises that an additional unadvertised service is departing from Woodgrange Park at 07.59, calling…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Oct 20, 2011

Cyclist trapped under lorry at dangerous Hornsey junction

A cyclist who was crushed under the wheels of a tipper lorry in a rush hour collision has prompted safety fears over a “dangerous” junction…

7 Oct 19, 2011
Reply by Kay

Car park problems at Sainsbury's again

Sounds like things have gone wrong with the traffic at Sainsbury's again. Tweets today: #carparkhell Sainsburys harringay @harringayonlin…

Started by Hugh

62 Oct 15, 2011

Harringay library users recognised after renaming campaign

Story from Haringey Independent today:   A library celebrating its 110-year anniversary has been renamed after a campaign by the local comm…

0 Oct 13, 2011

Piano strikes a the wrong chord in Harringay drug smuggling plot

In a modern twist on Harringay's history as one of the piano making centres of London, I learned of a present day story with a Harringay a…

Started by Hugh

12 Oct 12, 2011
Reply by Ruth

Stroud Green & Harringay Library renaming celebration this Wednesday

In the Summer of 2010 I stumbled over a historical nugget which revealed that Stroud Green Library had originally been conceived as a li…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 2, 2011

Harringay gym to receive members frozen out of torched Tottenham Fitness First

Fitness First Harringay is set to receive some of the members from the riot-scarred Tottenhan branch whilst it is rebuilt. After the Fitnes…

Started by Hugh

3 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Neville Collins

Winkball Video Wall of Harringay Festival

Although I didn't see them yesterday, I was delighted to learn that Winkball were at the festival yesterday. Here's a few short videos…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 19, 2011

'Greening' penants up on Green Lanes for tomorrow's Festival

With the them eof this year's Harringay festival being the 'greening of Green Lanes', the green festival penants were put up yesterday.  …

Started by Hugh

1 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by MzMoore

Sports clubs need an extra £50,000 to save Finsbury Park track

Cash-strapped sports clubs have been told they need to find an extra £50,000 a year if they want to keep their valued running track and spo…

2 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Billy Hole

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service