Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LTN Protest leads to cancellation of Council Meeting

The anti-LTN lobby are responding by claiming on social media that this cancellation was in bad faith and was a ploy to deny them their r…

Started by Hugh

8 Nov 23, 2022
Reply by Livi

Bumper profits from incinerator gives £4.7m windfall dividend to Haringey & other councils

The Edmonton incinerator disposes of waste from Haringey, Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney,,Islington and Waltham Forest boroughs and con…

Started by Hugh

4 Nov 5, 2022
Reply by Philip

Fancy Your Own New River Tower with Large Garden for just £1M?

Photo: Selling agent. See final paragraph for details I was amazed to see this rather unique water tower on sale for just a million pounds…

Started by Hugh

7 Oct 31, 2022
Reply by Hugh

T'is the season for fantastic fungi

Autumn, season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, and fungi. Lots and lots of wonderful fungi. Over the past month I've been fortunate enoug…

Started by Liz

3 Oct 21, 2022
Reply by Roslyn Byfield

A shout-out for Veolia & Haringey's record on fixing reported problems

The other week, I added a post praising Network Rail's response in dealing with graffiti on the New River path. I've recently been very imp…

Started by Hugh

5 Oct 9, 2022
Reply by JJ B

Urgent action needed! Act now to save St Ann's Hospital Trees!

The Friends of St Ann's Green Spaces were shocked to discover that Catalyst's current planning application will result in loss of 50% of th…

Started by Liz

37 Sep 30, 2022
Reply by Kit

Goodonya Network Rail

I've been reporting graffiti on the wall along the New River Path for the past four years or so. The wall belongs to Network Rail and they'…

Started by Hugh

1 Sep 24, 2022
Reply by Andrew Stillman

New street art in Harringay Passage [photo]

Started by Liz

5 Sep 12, 2022
Reply by Liz

Plans submitted for conversion of Hornsey police station to housing

We knew it was coming: the station has been closed for a few years now (yes a police station - remember those?). There are just under 30 dr…

Started by Hugh

3 Aug 26, 2022
Reply by Don

Don't barbecue in open spaces! New data from London Fire Brigade shows unprecedented increase in grass fires

‘Tinderbox dry’ conditions mean an exceptional fire risk across London during the heatwave Firefighters tackled 340 grass, rubbish and ope…

Started by Liz

8 Aug 12, 2022
Reply by Geraldine

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service