Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Winter wanders: a frosty morning in Railway Fields

There are worse ways to spend a Monday morning than exploring the frosty landscape of Railway Fields, however, the winter sun soon broke t…

Started by Liz

3 Dec 6, 2016
Reply by Liz

Winter wanders: the first frosts

The last day of November brought us a hard frost and turned the Tottenham landscape into a wonderland. First I wandered through Downhills p…

Started by Liz

5 Dec 3, 2016
Reply by Mavic Starfish

A Local Plumber Worth Considering

Like Glamgorgeous, I've used Pete the Leak for our house up in Enfield and been very happy with him. A couple of months ago, he wasn't avai…

Started by Hugh

10 Dec 2, 2016
Reply by J Swaby

Winter wanders: wild skies and rainbows at Woodberry Wetlands

After the rainy start to the week, I needed to get my walking shoes on and get out for a bit. I decided to head to Woodberry Wetlands for a…

Started by Liz

3 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by John McMullan

New GP Building on the Way for Harringay whilst Hawes & Curtis Development Gets Green Light

Provisional funding for a new GP building in Harringay has just been approved in the same week that the Planning Committee approved plans t…

Started by Hugh

9 Nov 18, 2016
Reply by andy h

Tottenham remembers

This year, the poppy wreaths on the small, simple war memorial in Windrush Gardens, West Green, tell passersby that many of the men listed…

Started by Liz

1 Nov 18, 2016
Reply by Ruth

Autumn Ambles: water and light on Lordship Rec

On yesterday's walk I lingered long at the lake watching the birds, trying in vain to spot the single tufted duck I'd seen the week before…

Started by Liz

1 Nov 17, 2016
Reply by EMC2

Stroud Greeners Seek Local Votes to Create 'Community Space' by Harringay Station

A group of Stroud Greeners are asking locals to vote for their plans to enhance the space at the western end of the footbridge to Harring…

Started by Hugh

3 Nov 14, 2016
Reply by Konrad B

Forces on the Way that May See Harringay's High Street a-Changin'

2016 has seen the latest revaluing of rateable values of business property. Pretty dull stuff for most of us. No reason to get excited ever…

Started by Hugh

6 Nov 11, 2016
Reply by Paul Harding

Rogue Council Runs into Opposition from London Deputy Mayor over Another Tall Building

Hot on the heels of it's mishandled approval of the tower for the Harringay Ladder, the Council has run up against objections to a proposal…

Started by Hugh

7 Oct 29, 2016
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service