Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Great Harringay Community Cafe Welcoming Locals Again

Snug - in the Centre of Harringay (Photo: Hugh Flouch) If you haven't already been, Snug Cafe is a truly welcoming place. At the front is a…

Started by HoL Site Admin

14 Apr 14, 2018
Reply by Anna Chojnacka

A tough Spring for frogs despite the appearance of spawn in local ponds

Our common frog is having a tough Spring.  The extreme cold at the beginning of March trapped many of them under the ice. A lot continued t…

Started by Liz

2 Apr 5, 2018
Reply by vaneska

Saving 'The Lost Words' of Nature: why this Crowdfunder campaign by @BigGreenBooks matters

A few years ago, author Robert Mcfarlane was alerted by an eagle-eyed reader to the fact that the latest edition of the Oxford Junior Dicti…

Started by Liz

4 Apr 4, 2018
Reply by Liz

Two More Milestones for St Ann’s Redevelopment Trust

Oak Foundation Award The St Ann’s Redevelopment Trust (StART) have been awarded a grant of £74.6k from the OAK Foundation under their Housi…

Started by HoL Site Admin

3 Mar 30, 2018
Reply by sarah james

Harringay in Saatchi Gallery

Textile artist and one time Ladder resident Haf Weighton has just started an exhibition of her works in the Saatchi Gallery.  The works i…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 23, 2018

Wood Green Transformation - More plans Approved

Visualisation showing the future of Wood Green Iceland This week some more plans were approved within a scheme that will see the radical t…

Started by Hugh

5 Mar 23, 2018
Reply by John McMullan

Snow pictures!

I can't believe no one has posted any pictures! Let's see your photos of Harringay in the snow! Here's three of mine to start us off (I've…

Started by Liz

20 Mar 9, 2018
Reply by Robin2

The Big Green Bookshop celebrates their 10th Birthday!

The Big Green Bookshop opened for the very first time on March 8th 2008. So, you are all cordially invited to go to the Bookshop on Thursda…

Started by Liz

2 Mar 3, 2018
Reply by pamish

Grade II Listed Cattle Trough in Wood Green to be Restored

Photo: Philafrenzy via Wikipedia Currently the Wood Green Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough is a little noticed relic of our Edwardian pa…

Started by Hugh

3 Feb 16, 2018
Reply by Peter Corley

Many Thanks and Farewell to PC Glyn Kelly

Photo: @MPSHarringay Twitter account After 31 years in the force, the last 25 of which have been in Harringay ward, Glyn Kelly is finally…

Started by Hugh

29 Feb 6, 2018
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service