Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,007)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New research looks at the lofty aspirations versus the reality of how local authorities care for green spaces

Is an Astro-Turf football pitch a green space? A roof garden? In some local authorities they are counted even if users must book and/or pay…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 2, 2020

Evergreen Appartments (Opp Beresford) Brochure Released

If you want to have a nose around, there are viewing days till Sunday. Or, if just a passing interest, see the attached.

Started by Hugh

35 Sep 19, 2020
Reply by JJ B

Spencer Tunick Stages Naked Social Distancing At London’s Alexandra Palace

American performance artist/impresario Spencer Tunick, known for his nude human installations in public spaces, gathered two hundred twenty…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 17, 2020

Ozone air pollution forecast from Monday 14 September to end of Wednesday 16 September

Settled very warm and sunny weather is forecast for the coming days with temperatures rising to high twenties. This is unusually warm for t…

Started by Liz

1 Sep 15, 2020
Reply by Liz

Sit in at the Oak Trees in Queens Wood threatened by Axa insurance company #SaveQueensWoodOak

Things are developing quickly in Queens Wood after I posted yesterday on Nature Notes. The tree surgeon came to the trees today but was una…

Started by Liz

13 Sep 13, 2020
Reply by JJ B

Ongoing ozone pollution episode over London longest since 2003

This is not getting much attention on local media, apart from one BBC London reporter who tweeted about it, but London and the South East a…

Started by Liz

5 Aug 24, 2020
Reply by Liz

Nature notes: Street Trees! Sparrow Hawk on the Ladder! And ANOTHER HUGE Thank You to Haringey's Volunteer Litter Pickers!

I'm melting in this heat and the promised rain never arrived nevertheless, thanks to a borrowed doggie this week, I got up and out before t…

Started by Liz

5 Aug 21, 2020
Reply by Saddic

Nature Notes: A Field Trip to Harringay Stadium Slopes Nature Conservation Area

This week I took a field trip to a tucked away part of Harringay behind Sainsbury’s. Now known as the Harringay Stadium Slopes, it can be f…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 21, 2020
Reply by Richard

No Wildlife Meadow for Harringay Stretch of New River

For a few years now, I've been wondering if it would be viable for the eastern bank of the 'new cut' of the New River behind Wightman Roa…

Started by Hugh

14 Aug 11, 2020
Reply by Liz

Nature Notes: Moths! Coots! and The Big Heat!

Viewing the weather forecast this weekend, I must admit my heart sinks that we may face another weekend of litter, noise and anti-social be…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 7, 2020
Reply by Michael Anderson

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service