Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (473)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Was Billy Graham at Harringay the Inspiration for the Daleks?

I came across an old film clip on Twitter yesterday, hosted on the website of mid twentieth century evangelist Billy Graham. It's a news…

Started by Hugh

6 Mar 8, 2013
Reply by hob

A Harringay Crest? Really!?!

This petit objet is on offer on ebay at the moment. But, really? A Harringay Crest? I've never seen one before. Can anyone cast any ligh…

Started by Hugh

7 Feb 5, 2013
Reply by irene rose neil

Bomb Sight

Those interested in WWII history might wish to view the Bomb Sight website: http://bombsight.org/#15/51.5050/-0.0900 Having had a quick loo…

Started by WightmanPaul

3 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by WightmanPaul

Haringay or Haringey

Is it with an A or an E    HaringAy or HaringEy I have always been puzzelled ever since moving here from neighbouring Islington as to why t…

Started by JJD

12 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by JJD

New River History

I came across this document a while back and thought I would scan and share it. The%20New%20River-%20For%20the%20Islington%20Festival%20197…

Started by Justin Guest

1 Aug 21, 2012

Walter Tull, pioneering footballer and first black commissioned officer

Some facts about Walter Tull Tull played for Spurs between 1909 and 1911 and was also the British Army's first black commissioned officer.…

Started by Liz

3 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Liz

Harringay Arena to feature in Metro

1948 Basketball competition at Harringay Arena   I've just been approached by TfL who are planning an article about the 1948 Olympics on th…

Started by Hugh

4 Jun 12, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Who Lived In Our Houses 100 Years Ago

I was tying to find some information about who used to live in our houses a hundred years ago (and after that up to the present day). I hav…

Started by Justin Guest

37 May 13, 2012

Memories of last survivor of Britain's Olympic team who played at Harringay

1948 Olympics Basketball Competition at the Harringay Arena   With just under 100 days till the 2012 Olympics we can expecta whole heap of…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 19, 2012

First day of the Blitz 1940 - Eade Road

I do like the grauniad data blog.... they have mapped all the positions of London Fire Brigade call outs from the first day of the Blitz 7…

Started by Mark B

24 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by StephenBln

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service