Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (478)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The dying days of south Mayes Road

A few years back I wrote a piece about the origins of Mayes Road. Searching for something else this morning, I came across the seventies BB…

Started by Hugh

11 on Friday
Reply by Eileen Penn

The Origin of Mayes Road, Wood Green

I've been digging round in the history of Wood Green somewhat recently. As part of that I've turned up more historic images of Wood Green.…

Started by Hugh

44 Jul 14
Reply by Hugh

Fire at Harringay Petrol Station

From a really, really poor negative. February 24th 1992 Blaze destroys petrol station shop. Mobil Petrol Station (I think Homebase is ther…

Started by Paul Wood

4 Jul 13
Reply by Hugh

Free guided walks to launch Tottenham Tales walking trail (booking req) on 10th and 22nd July

Tottenham has a rich and fascinating tapestry of tales of local rebels, artists, pioneers and more. The diverse communities that have call…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 9

Question about Coffee Stall Turnpike Lane 1960s

Are there any photos of the coffee stall that used to stand on the corner of Ducketts Common on Willoughby Road near to where the 41 bus st…

Started by Lydia Walter

10 Jun 10
Reply by william darby

Possible Discovery in our garden

Hi, my wife and I bought a ground-floor Victorian flat in Seymour Road a year ago.  We started renovating our garden, lifting the tiles to…

Started by Camille Perrin

11 May 31
Reply by Hugh

Ghost sign revealed on St Ann's / Salisbury Roads (soon to be organic shop & wine bar)

This old Ghost Sign is on what used to be Andreas Michli's greengrocer that stood empty for many years. Apparently it's going to be an orga…

Started by James Ingram

14 May 13
Reply by John Shulver

New coffee shop deli coming uncovers a ghost sign

A new coffee shop/deli is coming in the vacant premises that used to be the Greek super market run by the lovely local character Andreas on…

Started by MattB

0 May 10

Conservative Club 5 Bruce Grove

Does anyone have pictures of the club in the 40s and 50s? My Grandparents were Chef and Housekeeper at the time. Would love to see what it…

Started by Steve Hennessey

0 Apr 28

Willow Walk, Harringay

Hi,  Just wondered if anyone had any memories, pics or info on Willow Walk, off West Green Road, Harringay?  What were the houses like as m…

Started by Val

2 Apr 25
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service