Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A history of rubbish on BBC4

What we throw away is what our descendants will one day dig through to see how we lived. This programme on BBC 4 is a fascinating, science-…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 5, 2019

Cyclists and Wightman Road

Hi all, Is it just me or has Wightman Road now become an absolute death trap for us cyclists with the jutty out bits that enrage car driver…

Started by Nemone Mercer

131 Aug 8, 2019
Reply by AndrewAW1

Evaporating traffic? Time to Think again about a Low-Traffic Neighbourhood for Harringay?

With all the discussion about Wightman Road recently, I came across an article originally published on the London Living Streets website, b…

Started by Hugh

29 Jul 20, 2019
Reply by Rory

Haringey school features in new C4 Dispatches programme on toxic air pollution

Dispatches runs a world-first experiment to reduce hundreds of primary school children's exposure to toxic air, and discovers that unidenti…

Started by Liz

2 Jun 14, 2019
Reply by Bob Ruggles

Urban Trees: Masters of Survival

Lovely little animation about Hamburg (in English) about the value that street trees bring to our towns and cities. "They are the green hea…

Started by Liz

0 Jun 6, 2019

Do you have plant blindness?

If I asked you to describe a fox or a pigeon, chances are you'd have no trouble doing so. What about if I asked you to describe shepherd's…

Started by Liz

5 May 3, 2019
Reply by Liz

Re-wilding the City - how to bring even the rarest species back to our cities

Interesting article on the various initiatives that have brought wildlife to settle in the city Click here Complement with this article on…

Started by Liz

2 Jan 25, 2019
Reply by Peter Corley

Nature notes: allotments and gardens could help arrest decline of bees

Nature notes is brought to you today from my sick bed, well sofa, as I've been pole-axed by a cold that has put paid to me roaming much fur…

Started by Liz

4 Jan 18, 2019
Reply by Liz

Wood burners and open fires face restrictions in new clean air plan

Wood burning stoves, open fires and farms all face new restrictions as the government sets out what it calls a "world leading" plan to tack…

Started by Liz

3 Jan 18, 2019
Reply by JJ B

London Nurseries to get air purifiers

Another in my increasingly common series of posts with the subtext "how on earth did we get here? And why don't we care enough to change?"…

Started by Liz

0 Jan 10, 2019

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service