Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Council Services Local Democracy & Politics (2,227)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Could Haringey turn Tory in 2010?

Labour retained the Seven Sisters seat by only a few votes in a recent election for a councillor. The Tories were in second place. This in…

Started by matt

5 Jan 30, 2009
Reply by pamish

Labour predicts loss of its remaining councillor in Harringay Ward

An analysis of the Seven Sisters by-election results by the Labour group acknowledges the possibility that several of their councillors wil…

Started by Liz

4 Jan 25, 2009
Reply by John D

Media cost triples after Baby P coverage

A HIGH profile media company is being paid more than £14,000 – around half the cost of a social worker's salary – to collect newspaper cutt…

Started by Clive Carter

3 Jan 23, 2009
Reply by Hugh

Councillors Get Older with few Shifts in Diversity

In association with the Local Government Association (LGA) and the Improvement and Development Agency for local government (IDeA), the Nati…

Started by Hugh

4 Jan 22, 2009
Reply by matt

Council invites leading local figures to cabinet meetings.

North Tyneside Council has agreed to allow partners working in health, the police and community and voluntary groups to contribute to month…

Started by matt

0 Jan 20, 2009

Council's defence of PR

Given the topicality of the size of PR spend by UK councils (nearly half a billion), our own council has felt the need to mount a defence.…

Started by Clive Carter

14 Dec 19, 2008
Reply by Alan Stanton

Childrens Services and council waste

IN the decision by our council not to put Baby P into care, one of the factors at the time appears to have been the extra cost this would e…

Started by Clive Carter

10 Dec 15, 2008
Reply by Clive Carter

APPLY to Take Part in Haringey's Budget Consultation - yup, you read it right, APPLY

I'm not sure that I'm exactly recommending this because I have to admit to being a sceptic when it comes to the efficacy of responding to a…

Started by Hugh

5 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by John McMullan

St Ann's & Harringay AREA ASSEMBLY

Some advice needed please! I notice the above Assembly assembles tomorrow evening, Tuesday 2nd December at 7.30pm in the Salvation Army Hal…

Started by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

20 Dec 5, 2008
Reply by Adam

The Ofsted report is here

The Sun newspaper, which organised the 1,300,000-signature petition in connection with Baby P have made available on their website the Join…

Started by Clive Carter

3 Dec 4, 2008
Reply by DavidJ

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service