Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,545)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Major New Building for Wood Green High Street

Apparently the old police station on Wood Green High Street may soon be demolished, (for those of you who, like me didn't know, it's on the…

Started by Hugh

3 Feb 5, 2008
Reply by matt

"Better" Gambling Licence Application Hearing Cancelled at Short Notice Again

Just before Christmas the Haringey Council Licensing Committee was due to hear the application for the "Better" licence application for the…

Started by Hugh

7 Feb 3, 2008
Reply by Alan Stanton

Gambling Super Arcade on our Doorstep

Town Hall Loses £50,000 in 'super arcade' Appeal Islington Tribune - by Roisin Gadelrab, 1 February 2008 A gaming company has won a crown…

Started by Hugh

1 Feb 2, 2008
Reply by Liz

Time to Tackle the Ladder Traffic Issue? - Policewoman cut out of vehicle after collision caused by car speeding down Ladder road

Last week a car speeeding down a Ladder road ran into the side of a police car travelling along Green Lanes on an emergency call. I am told…

Started by Hugh

26 Feb 2, 2008

Seen on a Green Lanes front Door Opposite the Salisbury

There's one member of this site at least who I know will share the concerns of the people who live in this flat. (With some text slightly e…

Started by Hugh

2 Feb 1, 2008
Reply by Liz

"Better" Gambling Licence Hearing Rescheduled

Following last night's post about the licence application hearing being cancelled again, I can now report that the hearing has been quickly…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 30, 2008

Recycling Centre on Hornsey Road welcomes positive feedback

I like the way the staff here have made going to the Recyling Centre a pleasant and hassle-free experience. It's always clean and the staff…

Started by Helen1

8 Jan 28, 2008
Reply by Alison P

Just about a Tribute to Harringay in a Poem!

But don't get too excited. Found this on an archived web page whilst looking, at the request of Wikipedia, for a picture of the Haringey Kn…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 27, 2008

"Ladder Residents Happy with Traffic on the Ladder" - It's Official!

Some while back I wrote to a number of the councillors about traffic on the Ladder. The usual deafening silence from Mr "Traffic" Hayley wa…

Started by Hugh

8 Jan 25, 2008
Reply by Anna

St Ann's Conservation Area Advisory Committee

A new community organisation has recently started up covering an area in the north east of Harringay and beyond its eastern borders. The S…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 25, 2008

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service