Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,578)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Banksy was back! (well, kind of...)

As I was passing Whymark Avenue on Saturday morning it appeared that Banksy was back! On closer inspection this quite remarkable replica wa…

Started by DrWhams

36 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

Stone Roses Concert to Close Tube Early this Weekend

Be prepared for a little local disruption from The Stone Roses Concert in Finsbury Park this weekend.  Manor House tube will be exit onl…

Started by Hugh

6 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Hugh

Food Bank on Wightman Road

Hello! With all the media discussion about the increase in people visiting food banks, I want to help. Does anyone know where the nearest f…

Started by Rory

13 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Dexter

New trolleytastic app for reporting abandoned shopping carts

A twitter chat with Retail Week's George MacDonald put me onto a new app from trolley retrieval company Trolleywise who collect trollies ab…

Started by Liz

5 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Liz

Turkish Shef Says Harringay's Bloomin' Wonderful

Sabri, owner of Selale with Shef, boss of the Harringay Traders Association As a taste of things to come this year, Harringay Traders Asso…

Started by Hugh

4 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Neil

Parking arrangements for the Stone Roses concert this weekend in Finsbury Park

To compliment Hugh's post about all the transport disruptions, including the underground arrangements I thought this would be useful for re…

Started by Karen Alexander

20 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Stan

Two 'Play Streets' in Haringey

Two streets in Haringey were designated play streets last Sunday, as reported by Haringey Council Cycles, scooters and tricycles were used…

Started by michaelw

5 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Paul W

Turkey protests 'dividing UK Turkish population' - BBC article

I found this an interesting read - a BBC piece about different elements of the UK's Turkish community and their reactions to the current si…

Started by Alison P

3 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by Neil

Homes for Haringey weed spraying

Glyphosate-based herbicide (weed killer) is sprayed borough-wide in pedestrian areas. According to many internet sources (and in also the a…

Started by Jeanette Sitton

0 Jun 4, 2013

Fox family living in the Arena Park ?

Yesterday evening (approx 8pm) I spotted a couple of cubs and what looked like Mum peering out from the planted area between the Homebase c…

Started by AnnieH

11 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by Gordon Curtis

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service