Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

About Harringay (236)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Latest addition to Harringay Online YouTube Channel - odd one this

Bit of an odd one this: The top British bands since 1960 to 1980, while you can enjoy London on the bus 341, from Harringay to Holborn. Go…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 25, 2011

Snow in Harringay

I'm just about old enough to remember the winter of 1962/63 in Harringay. One of the longest and coldest winters on record in the U.K. when…

Started by StephenBln

15 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by StephenBln

Local Boys in Blue Fail the Harringay Spelling test

A new addition to Harringay Online's Flickr page pointed up the surprising fact that the Met can't spell Harringay - on the front of their…

Started by Hugh

11 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by jono clay-michael PS25YR

Harringay in the style of 80s video game

Just for fun, Harringay and surrounding area in the 8 bit world Map here Thanks to @WoodGreenN22 on Twitter for the original link

Started by Liz

0 Jul 8, 2010

Miss

What was the name of cinema opposite the Salisbury pub and when did it close down. cos all i remember when i was small it was derelict.

Started by Jane

4 Jun 16, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Once More Once More: Harringay / Haringey or even Harringey??

The great debate of our age reaches the British Library “Magnificent Maps: Power, Propaganda and Art” They have Stephen Walter’s, 'The Is…

Started by Mark B

5 May 6, 2010
Reply by John D

Harringay in Poetry

Internationally acclaimed poet Katherine Gallagher spent a period as "poet in residence" at Railway Fields. During that time she wrote Summ…

Started by Hugh

6 May 5, 2010
Reply by matthew cuthbert

Invent a Harringay Slogan

Over on a more serious minded thread, JCM coined the appealing slogan, Harringay - Land of Cherries. With the aim of helping an incoming ad…

Started by Hugh

9 May 1, 2010
Reply by hob

Want to Find Detailed Government Census Stats on just your Road (and maybe a Couple Next to it)?

If finding out more about your micro-geography , or just being plain nosey about your immediate neighbours is your thing, I've just become…

Started by Hugh

3 Mar 1, 2010

Harr-Har-Harr; it's no laughing matter

A little Twitter Exchange earlier today:

Started by Hugh

5 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service