Shot from the top of Clinton Road.
It's easy to forget that until the mid 19th Century West Green was bigger than Wood Green. Even the Queen's Head by Duckett's Common was referred to as West Green.
Blackboy Lane took its name from the former pub which had probably existed since 1690.
The earliest recorded name of West Green Road was Black Hope Lane. This changed to Blackup Lane before being renamed as West Green Road.
Add a Comment