The Wood Green Cycle Track opened in 1895 as part of the North London Cycling and Athletics Grounds, located south of Bounds Green Road in the area now covered by Northcott Avenue.
It had large grandstand capable of seating around 1,500, and accommodating 15,000 further around the track.
As with many other tracks, the Wood Green Cycle Track's success was short lived. It made way for housing development in the early 1900s.
The photo was taken by local photographer Edgar Scammell.
Add a Comment