Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Telephone House Crouch End Hill, c1965

Opened on 28th July 1953, this picture shows Telephone House before it was clad extended and turned into flats.

Views: 211

Tags (All lower case. Use " " for multiple word tags): cleary garden, crouch end hill, telephone house
Albums: Historical Images of Crouch End | 1 of 2 (F)

Comment by Hugh on September 12, 2018 at 11:32

Here's a clip from Building Magazine published in 1953.

Comment by Alan on August 23, 2019 at 19:30

Note the WVS logo on the grass bank, from the days of civic pride.

Comment by Hugh on August 26, 2023 at 1:18

Alan, see the comments beneath this photo where we learn that the gardens was on of Frederick Cleary's. 

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Harringay online to add comments!

Join Harringay online


© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service