The toll booth stood at thesouth-western corner of the intersection of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road near the Manor House Tavern (pictured). The picture is shot looking north east along Seven Sisters Road.
During about the first half of the 19th century his booth took tolls for both travel along Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road. Turnpike roads were abolished in 1864.
Add a Comment