One of a series of eight photos contributed by Peter Brooks whose paternal parents and grandparents lived in the St Mary's Road area of Hornsey.
This picture was taken from the first floor of 40 St Mary's Road.
The victorian housing in the whole area was demolished in 1966. Those houses that were privately owned were compulsorily purchased. The area was built over with low rise flats and houses, all offered as council houses.
The excerpt from the Ordnance Survey map of 1952 shows the roads.
Add a Comment