Poor quality postcard of The Limes c 1905
The LImes, 80 Crouch End Hill was one of the large houses at the crest of Crouch End Hill that were demolished in the 1960s. It is shown on the late 19th century OS map below, almost opposite Haselmere Road, just to the north of its next-door-neighbour, Belmont House.
The Limes was the oldest of the three houses on the top of the hill. Built in the middle of the eighteenth century, it was home to former Harringay resident Henry Harvey Vivian from 1912, until his death in 1930.
Add a Comment