This photo shows 1-19 Stroud Green Road, looking towards Seven Sisters Road.
The third premises from Seven Sisters Road (third from the left), is showing here as the White House Restaurant. It is now Dotori.
Number 9 - 19 were demolished when station place was widened in the 1930s.
Below is the list of shops in the terrace in 1913.
And thanks to Roy who many years ago posted the following ad, apparently from 1944.
Proprietor, Piazza is another of the Swiss Italians who lived in the area. Round the corner, compatriot Pietro Pazzi ran another restaurant. However a report in the Islington Gazette in 1912 suggests that the proprietor was in fact one Charles Berti (also a Swiss Italian). A few years later the name F Louis Berti is given as the proprietor.
Add a Comment