Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'harringay house' (13)

← Back to History of Harringay
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When Gray's family cleared out the attic......

Attached is a transcript of one of the sale adverts placed by Gray's executors for various bits and bobs. (If you'd like to read from the o…

Started by Hugh

1 Mar 21, 2019
Reply by JoeW

Harringay House mapped (almost) exactly on modern satellite pic

Liz asked me the other day about the exact position of Harringay House. I pretty much knew it, but wasn't sure exactly. So I took the 1883…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 10, 2019
Reply by Hugh

A close match for Harringay House?

I came across an old video of Southgate in the 1950s today, It contains some footage of a house called Grovelands. The house was built by W…

Started by Hugh

6 Jun 2, 2015
Reply by Hugh

James McNeill Whistler & Harringay House

Seems like Whistler was a friend of Harringay House inhabitant Mrs Alexander, wife of banker William C Alexander of the City bankers Alex…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 1, 2015
Reply by Hugh

Chapman awarded £4M compensation against Great Northern Railway for loss of privacy at Harringay House.

I've just stumbled across an article from the "The Legal observer, digest, and journal of jurisprudence" which informs us that the second o…

Started by Hugh

1 May 13, 2012
Reply by John D

Harringay House Hot Houses

The following is an extract from An Encyclopaedia of Gardening: Comprising the Theory and Practice of Horticulture, Floriculture & Arbo…

Started by Hugh

6 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Alan Stanton

Harringay House dovecote

Started by Hugh

4 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Hugh

18th Century Chivalry indeed!

Checking on a reference to Edward Gray's marriage in a copy of the Gentleman magazine of 1794, I noticed this charming marriage announcemen…

Started by Hugh

1 Jun 11, 2010

Edward Gray a Tottenham Boy?

Finding out much about Edward Gray is about as easy as coming up with a picture of Harringay House. However I have been able to root out a…

Started by Hugh

9 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Hugh

House of Edward Gray's only daughter on market for £2.5m

My current spurt of local history digging is, as usual, taking a number of tangents. I thought I'd share this one because of its relative c…

Started by Hugh

4 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service