Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Geraldine's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (66) Replies Latest Activity

"Very good to have the opportunity to read this interesting history of your grandfath…"

Geraldine replied Apr 10 to From Trooper to Copper - an Edwardian life of service in Wood Green

6 Apr 20
Reply by John Shulver

"Fascinating, Hugh.  Living to the ripe old age of 93 means we have lived through alm…"

Geraldine replied Apr 10 to From Trooper to Copper - an Edwardian life of service in Wood Green

6 Apr 20
Reply by John Shulver

"Eddie - I am still in touch with a couple of schoolfriends.  One said recently, "Do…"

Geraldine replied Apr 3 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9
Reply by Richard Woods

"I grew up in Harringay in the 40s and 50s too, Eddie.  We walked everywhere at all h…"

Geraldine replied Apr 2 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9
Reply by Richard Woods

"And he was just a boy with probably little or no money of his own.  Easy pickings fo…"

Geraldine replied Apr 2 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9
Reply by Richard Woods

"I too thought about the walking.  Today he would be in a car or a taxi.  I wondered…"

Geraldine replied Apr 1 to A Regency murder in Harringay

10 Apr 9
Reply by Richard Woods

"Great story, John.  And so well told I felt as if I was there.  Mid-sixties and the…"

Geraldine replied Mar 30 to A Few memories of 1960s Beresford Road

11 Apr 3
Reply by John Shulver

"Like so many Kenyan/Ugandan Asians they saw a business opportunity and took it.  Goo…"

Geraldine replied Feb 22 to Brief history of the recently closed convenience store on Wightman Road near Harringay Station

3 Mar 1
Reply by Hugh

"That almost happened to me - the handbrake thing - on Seymour Road doing a push star…"

Geraldine replied Feb 19 to A Few memories of 1960s Beresford Road

11 Apr 3
Reply by John Shulver

"It's a wonderful read, Richard.  I am dipping into it so there will be more to come…"

Geraldine replied Dec 11, 2020 to Memories of living in Harringay from 1962 to 1965

40 Dec 22, 2020
Reply by brian granville

RSS

Advertising

© 2021   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service