Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Yes that's early, five minutes before sunrise and it'll likely be raining, but this is the first steam-hauled train of the year through Harringay. The booked locomotive is 'Tangmere', the air-smoothed Southern Railway Battle of Britain class. Detailed times here.

Next up is 'Flying Scotsman', which you might have heard of already. That's due to pass Harringay around 0730 on Thursday 25th February, on its first run from a London station after extensive restoration by the National Railway Museum. Tickets for that are £450 for the trip to York, a good proportion of which should be going to the NRM.

Views: 313

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this, Gordon. I had a diary note that it was running on Sunday, i.e. Valentine's Day. I don't know where I got that idea from! So, I'm grateful for your notification and will be out there in the dark (definitely) and the rain (probably) on Saturday morning - hopefully getting a half decent photo of "Tangmere" steaming north.

Good luck! And there is a photo opp on Sunday - at Paddington, 10.30, Tornado - though again the forecast isn't great. 

At Finsbury Park, does it cross over on one of the bridges?  Could look good against a dark sky.

If you mean the shots of train on bridge one can get at SoTo or Harringay Green Lanes from street level, I don't think so. It should pass Platform 5, which means it won't be anywhere near either of the bridge parapets visible from Seven Sisters Road.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service