Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A day after the first run which is well covered by Glenn and Chris. This time through Harringay Station, around 0925 on Sunday 8th March, on the way to Norwich and Lowestoft. Detailed times here. Return around 2145.

Views: 397

Replies to This Discussion

With a such a pretty full programme with Steam Dreams,  I didn't realise that 'Mayflower' was working for any other railtour promoter during this period. With the York trip on Thursday, the loco support crew must be permanently knackered!

Yes, and crossed fingers for no mechanical failures, there doesn't seem to be much backup available at the moment. No Tornado, Duke of Gloucester, Britannia, or Oliver Cromwell for the time being I think.

Well, Tangmere must be in Southall DMUD unless it too has got a job today.

Yes, it rescued another trip recently at short notice I think. Umm, hope  it  has no further mechanical problems after coming to an abrupt halt, missing part of the valve gear.....

Most of the valve gear on that loco is inside an oil bath, hope it didn't leak more than usual!

Ah, yes, loose talk - I was meaning the bolt that holds the connecting rod and crosshead together. Or not, in this case: official report on the incident here.

Oh yes, I remember that now! Saw it in the railway mags at the time.

I  went to All Pally station to see Mayflower this morning, to see "Mayflower". They really are working this little engine very hard. Hope it's up for the trip to York and back on Thursday as I am booked on it!

The B1 class is a LNER version of the LMS mixed traffic Black 5, so hauling a 10-12 coach railtour is hard work, but as she is limited to 60mph by Network Rail due to being only fitted with Automatic Warning System, well within the loco's capability. The loco's owners are working her hard as she's worked a lot of tours in the last few months, but I assume they want to try and recoup the fortune they would have spent to overhaul her for main line certification.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service