Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This Saturday there is another "Cathedrals Express" from Southend, this time to Bath & Bristol, hauled by a new locomotive to charter train operators Steam Dreams and new steam locomotive for the Barking - Gospel Oak Line, post the early 1960s.

As an 'inter-regional' line the Barking - Gospel Oak line must have had regular visits from B1s on freight trains and the odd special passenger excursion in steam days, although their regular London haunts would have been King's Cross, Broad Street and Liverpool Street.

Normally found at the North Norfolk Railway, Thompson, LNER designed Class B1 No 61306 "Mayflower" has been hauling trains for Steam Dreams since last Autumn and is booked to pass Harringay Park Junction at 08:49, Upper Holloway at 08:52 and Gospel Oak at 08:57. The train also calls to pick up up pre booked passengers at West Hampstead 09:01 - 09:03.

The return train passes Harringay Park Junction at 20:35 but this is diesel hauled. More details from www.steamdreams.com         @Steam_Dreams

Glenn Wallis

Secretary

Barking - Gospel Oak Rail User Group

www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk

@RidingtheGoblin

Views: 1261

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I heard such a train go through at that time (couldn't see, had visitors). But I've just now - 1710 - seen a class 37, plus the empty stock from yeaterday complete with Pullman car, plus the Union Jack class 47 at the rear, go through (house overlooks the line). Peculiar or what? 

Curiouser and curiouser! Chris, who I was next to at Bridge 33 yesterday reported on here seeing the empty stock pass through Harringay (Green Lanes - I assumed) at around 13:00.

Now you've seen the same train again at 17:20ish at Harringay GL or Crouch Hill? Was it going up road [towards London (St. Pancras) all London bound lines are 'up'] or down road?

Up direction, and I live 150 metres west of Harringay Green Lanes.. The path on Real Time Trains looks weird, too. Perhaps it was sent back having missed its proper path - I did hear a substantial train go through in the down direction mid-afternoon, as well as catching sight of the scheduled down Tesco container train so it wasn't that.  

The old quip about waiting for ages for a (bus) train, then two come along at once comes to mind.....

Can only think a train planning c*ck up! Perhaps the Anglia route planners put in a schedule back to Southall DMUD and didn't know there was a possession on the Great Western blocking it (v much not unknown!) so the train just had to go back to Ripple Lane and hang about until the road was given up on the Western. The stock has got to be back at Ferme Park by Wednesday night for Thursday's jaunt to York, but that could be via either Harringay Park curve or Camden Road North London Incline.

Incidentally as the NLL is blocked until the small hours it's likely 61306+support coach will run back to Southall via Harringay Park curve after today's Lowestoft trip.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service