Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A very early start for Flying Scotsman, again to York, but staying there this time after Thursday's out-and-back trip. The Railway Touring Company's website gives an 0640 departure from King's Cross on Saturday, which may be an approximation by them. [EDIT 17/06: Departure time now posted as 0720 from King's Cross].

As for Thursday 17th, I can't give the time of the return leg at Harringay - Steam Dreams, the tour company, have now removed all reference to the Thursday outing. I hope that's only been done to reduce the risk of trespass by unsafe sightseers, rather than a sign of a late cancellation.

Future steam - not much. No 'Tornado' past us this year until Christmas, and only a single London visit for it till then - Euston on Sat 15 July, but at 0700 or so. The Merchant Navy class 'Clan Line' makes a very rare appearance on Sat 28 August at around 0830, and there may be another steam excursion on that day. Flying Scotsman is back on Sat 25 September around 0800 with 'The Jolly Fisherman' to Skegness.

Trips beyond that date are yet to be announced - and in any case we are at the mercy of:

'The Data'...

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

According to 

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/steam-locomotives-on-the-mainline

the Thursday run of 4472 is now postponed until the autumn. This site usually does have the Realtime Trains timings so the Saturday run to York should be up on Friday evening.

I've attached a photo I took of its first tour on this London-based stay, Brixton on 20/5/21

No Flying Scotsman this Thursday, now - postponed till autumn. That RailAdvent entry has changed since this morning, then. Thanks for picking it up, I promise not to shoot the messenger!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service