Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

HOL Flower Show - September (aka. what's good in your garden *now*)

A month ago I wrote 'all that rain pouring down is a sure sign of August...' and err... it hasn't really stopped since. I think all my 'drought tolerant' plants have drowned but not all is lost...

FAQ
  • What's it all about? See here.
  • Great - where can I see all the 'shows'? See here.
  • Can I contribute? Most welcome. If you can make the image file size modest (say less than 100k), it will be quicker to upload and view.

Fuchsia's are everywhere now and in all different shapes and sizes. I am particularly pleased with this one as it was a 'cutting' from a neighbour (ie. we broke off a twig whilst having a chat) earlier this year. I didn't expect flowering so soon...

Last month's Sedum 'Purple Emperor' is now properly in flower and quite popular with the bees.

The much-admired Pyracantha flowers from May are now replaced by berries. Even though the berries are not completely ripe (orange in this case), I couldn't wait any longer for this photo as the local pigeons devour them (eg. branch in upper left of picture).

Tags for Forum Posts: holflowershow

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

I was just thinking it was time for a new post on this. Lovely photos Alistair.

My favourite flower of the moment is this, Liriope. Very odd looking, but rather lovely ...

This is a star jasmime - quite slow growing (it has grown around an inch since I planted it last year) but these beautifal and very scented flowers have been around for a month or so now. Nice leaves too...

And a clematis. A bit chaotic - must sort out this bit of the garden this autumn (if it ever stops raining).

Told you there was one flower in my garden
Flower

Please identify, as I am hopeless at remembering what we plant/grow. Maybe I should get a system...
Looks like a Sedum to me - I have some like this but a different variety to the purple one above.
Looks like a Sedum to me too. Pretty.
Mushrooms again

Well, does it have to be flowers? These mushrooms are so pretty!
Wow - these are amazing! Do you know if they are poisonous or edible?
(definitely meets the 'what's good in your garden now' criteria...)
Are these like the ones I mentioned to you in my garden - gone in a few hours. But what a spectacular display. I have just two or three in the soil.
Yes they are, wonder if anyone can identify them. These are all dead now but more will keep coming. The old tree stump in my garden is amazing for different types of fungus.
Have to say my garden's not at its most colourful, but here's a few contribs:

Caryopteris - a nice late flowerig shrub.

A little Armeria soldiering on

The proud ripened pods of my Cardoon

Another Couple of late September additions:

Physalis

Kaffir Lilly (Schizostylis coccinea) in bud and ready for giving of its early autumn garden colour.
Nice photo of the lily - ready for flowering in October?
It's a South African plant originally I think and mainly grown because it's autumn flowering. Take a look here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service