Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just to let everyone know that Christmas trees are available as normal from Green Lanes this year, but with a slight twist. They are outside the Laundrette (next to the old Anthos Flowers location where they used to be sold, which closed this year) and also in the Langham Club car park (in the front there), which is directly opposite the laundrette.

Just had a quick chat with one of the gentlemen selling them. Both locations are the same people. Although early to buy at the moment, current prices are £50 - £70 for large trees (5-7ft), with smaller trees obviously scaling down in price from there.

It appears that even though the couple who ran Anthos have retired from their high st business they've decided to return to do the Christmas tree selling.

No need to lug that tree too far this year after all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Please note; a number of other options available as detailed below by others. Wolves Lane (the council Nursery) is looking good for tree type & price, but you'll need a car. Details within this thread.

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas trees

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The one we had last year was about 6ft.  A friend got it for me and said that there was a choice of sizes.

Real little ones, in Aldi, Woodgreen, for £6.99. Definite bargains. 

Wow! Thanks Sam. Lot's of good info in this thread. I'm going with Hugh's suggestion this year - see how that goes.

I had a growing one in a pot that I found on our street a few years ago, chucked out at the end of January. I brought it in and decorated it three years in a row, but unfortunately managed to kill it off this summer in the heatwave. So I'll be shelling out for one this year.

Wolves Lane have no more larger trees & very few small ones left. Staff member doesn't think they are getting more trees in before Xmas day. Excellent range of trees at Capital Gardens Nursery at Ally Pally Park, where we got ours.

Yes, found the cupboard was bare yesterday, The guy I spoke to said they got the same number of trees as last year but they sold out much more quickly this year.

We bought from Anthos outside the Langham on Green Lanes.

The HOL effect

Think I got the last of the larger ones at Wolves Lane - not as big as I wanted really, but they were so nice and I couldn't be bothered to go elsewhere. Also got a poinsettia and some cacti at bargain prices, and had a lovely wander around the "palm house" there.

Yes they've plenty of super healthy poinsettias left still.

.......also our trusty 1988 Xmas lights finally gave up the ghost. I was horrified to see only LED lights on offer everywhere and delighted to find some old fashioned (non-LED) lights available at Lynbo for £2.00 a string of 20. (Hello lovely Lynbo people).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service