Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just to let everyone know that Christmas trees are available as normal from Green Lanes this year, but with a slight twist. They are outside the Laundrette (next to the old Anthos Flowers location where they used to be sold, which closed this year) and also in the Langham Club car park (in the front there), which is directly opposite the laundrette.

Just had a quick chat with one of the gentlemen selling them. Both locations are the same people. Although early to buy at the moment, current prices are £50 - £70 for large trees (5-7ft), with smaller trees obviously scaling down in price from there.

It appears that even though the couple who ran Anthos have retired from their high st business they've decided to return to do the Christmas tree selling.

No need to lug that tree too far this year after all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Please note; a number of other options available as detailed below by others. Wolves Lane (the council Nursery) is looking good for tree type & price, but you'll need a car. Details within this thread.

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas trees

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a Scandi I would never have anything but a real tree, but the prices in this country shocks me year after year.  Someone must have a laugh and make a very nice earner along the way. 

Ah but you guys are surrounded by forests!

The UK has quite a lot as well :)

Christmas trees take about 10 years to grow so, about £4-£6 per year return (lower than that after labour costs and middlemen cut is taken off). Not much to ask. Does depend on the quality of tree you wish to purchase as well. Otherwise, buy plastic!

Yes fair point Brando.

Wolves Lane nursery, just off White Hart Lane, was selling some at the Tottenham lights switch-on yesterday, cheaper than this I think. They may even have been grown there.  You'd have a bit of a haul to walk them back to the Ladder though.  Also poinsettias, and xmas baskets.

It is a Good Thing and funded by LBH, it has extensive growing space and glasshouses, is a training centre and workplace for people with learning disabilities, and has a cafe on weekdays. 

I'll second this recommendation. Good quality trees, very friendly staff and great prices. That's where ours have come from of late. We must have paid cash last year so I can't see what we paid, but I seem to remember £30 or £40 for a 6' Nordman - call and check; their prices are keen and quality good.

Ah, here you are - prices from last year.

(Wolves Lane details) Thanks Hugh - looks like we'll try them this year. Website for directions if anyone hasn't been before. A few parking spaces on site or try for a parking space nearby (not CPZ). No info re trees on their website at the moment but just spoke to a helpful gentleman on the phone. Details;

Nordman non-drop selling now until 24th Dec in two sizes;

• 1.2m - 1.5m @ £28
  • 1.5m - 1.8m @ £40

Ha - wish I'd read this thread before we bought our Xmas tree yesterday!

Anyway we bought a potted blue fir from Alexandra Palace garden centre, I think it's 5 ft 6' and it was £39.95 - including a free red pot worth £5.

Don't shout I know it is against some peoples principles of supporting local businesses, but tough times count for tough measures so if Wolves Lane sell out Ikea has a deal on Christmas trees for £25 and you get a tree + a £20 voucher to spend in January in return.  We got a great Nordman tree last year which didnt drop its needles http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/about_ikea/campaigns/xmas_tree.html#

Doesn't say how big they are, though.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service