Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Worked in Hook Lane Kennels Northaw in 1970's and 1980's

I live at No 5 Hook Lane Northaw. I'm trying to contact people who have lived there prior to me, to get their memories of the lane and area in the 1970's and 1980's. I believe a Mr Mann and Foster may have lived here. Would be grateful for any memories/photos of the lane and  the cottages

Tags for Forum Posts: hook kennels

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Brian

I moved into the cottage that was vacated by Gordon Hodson in 1973/4 and stayed there until at least 1977. I cannot remember the number but Tommy Foster was next door and Sid Mann was also there and Bruce Prole had the one on the end. Mine was  the second kennel, next to the late Adam Jackson and opposite Frank Melville(almost)!

As I did not start taking pictures of everything until the 1980's, I have no photos, but I can tell you my wife, Tessa, befriended a superb 'Charolais' Bull and fed him apples in the field beyond our garden fence.

I remained in the kennels next to my very good friend, the late Randolph Singleton, whose was the third one down, until 1984 when White City closed and I was offered and accepted, a contract to train at Wimbledon and moved to Burhill.

I hope this is of interest...

Kind Regards

David F Kinchett

Hi David, many thanks for getting back. Do you have any recollections of the dwellings further down in the woods during this period?

Kind Regards

Brian

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service