Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am looking for a group of women to join me on a regular run.  Before having kids, I was pretty fit, and I'm desperate to get going again, but I really need help with the motivation!  I was hoping that a group of us could commit to a regular run of around 3 - 6 miles (for me, somewhere between 30 mins and an hour).   A usual run would be from Downhills park and a couple of times around Lordship Rec, or from Downhills area, onto the canal, up to the top of Springfield park, and back.  Hopefully, if there are 4 or 5 of us, there will always be at least two to meet and run together. 

Please get in touch if you're interested!  

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Hazel,

I am definitely interested. What days and time did you have in mind? preferably weekends (sun) or evenings as I work most days. Ready to start when you are. great idea!

I read the thread and saw your suggestion of starting 14th. If possible and ok and am accepted into the running club can we start Sun 15th? 8pm is also good as it is still light out. Will wait to hear from you.

yes sunday the 15th would be much better for me as i would struggle to get childcare on a sturday? could people please specify times and days which fit best. Then we can all come to an agreement.

Hi All,

In general, Sundays are fine for me, but unfortunately I'm away this week and next on Sunday morning.  

How does this Thursday (12th) in the evening sound?  At 8 o'clock?  It will still be light and there will be a few of us.

Then, if we meet once, we can have a chat about organising a regular time.  I think it will work best if we plump for the same time every week, and then you turn up if you can.

Let me know.

Hi Hazel,

Thursday 12th at 8pm is fine by me. Where do we meet? am on Waldeck Road. I agree if we agree a regular time we can then ensure consistency.

thanks

Linda

Just to let everyone know that there is a new ladies only running group that is listed on the Haringey council website.

They run every Tuesday evening 5:30 to 6:30 and it is free. Contact details for the group can be found in the link below.

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/community_and_leisure/leisurecentr...

i just checked the link but the jogging times are early evening which i can't do.

Yes Hazel that sounds good. It would be fine for me to come thursday at 8pm, just need a meeting point now.

Great!  8pm, Thursday 12th May - at the entrance to Downhills Park on Philip Lane.  Let's start with a gentle circuit of Downhills and Lordship Rec, and then we can decide how best to proceed!  See you there!

Great!. see you all Thursday at 8pm! How exciting!
is there running tonight?

Yes Lin!  Sorry it's so late to reply, but I've just got home.  I'm planning to see you at 8pm tonight.

Oh! so sorry Hazel just saw your reply now. I am sorry. next Monday?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service