Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It seems Wightman Road saw a small invasion of exotic avians this morning. Are these the harbingers of our quadrennial migration?

Only a small creature of indeterminate gender and undistinguished plumage came pecking at my door just before noon. Its demands were few and its singing unpractised and unmemorable. I managed to identify it eventually as of the subspecies, Tallymanensis laboris. It seemed only interested in ticking off my voting intentions and my wife's. I reminded it of the secret ballot so it hopped off uncertainly.

Later a neighbour told me she had spotted a Great Crested Lammy consorting with a Lesser Spotted Gina further along.

So, had they flown in to associate themselves in our foolish minds with our imminent road improvements, or even to promise to effinghamise our pavements?

Or did they just touch down in the Spirit of NewRoz in search of the Kurdish vote in Finsbury Park?

But (to mix a metaphor) if these great organ grinders were out playing our road for the first time in years, why was I passed off with the monkey?

45 days to go.

Tags for Forum Posts: GinaAdamou, Labour, Lammy, WantMyVote?, WightmanRoad

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonder if the 'Great Crested Lammy' popped over from yonder on one of these environmentally friendly gadgets;

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service