Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I should like to know whether the Friends of Finsbury Park and/or any other stakeholder group will be investigating the condition of the park when the perimeter wall comes down.

I was in the park at 0630 today and the reply to my question about when a route through the restricted area would be available was "some time this afternoon".  The steward to whom I spoke told me that "they are building".  His response to my puzzled look was "they are building barriers to make it safe".   

Views: 1064

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael as you and Heather have said, there are many issues out there and not all of them appear on HoL. 

Several months ago, it was the Council Minority Group that nominated Mental Health as a debate topic. I have to say that – in sharp contrast to some of his colleagues – the Lead Member made a sensitive and well-judged contribution to that debate.

I spoke at a consultation at the Ermine Road Day Centre (South Tottenham) in connection with the proposed closures.

As I'm sure that many residents know, the Majority Group was determined to reduce spending on social services, despite the actions of our Group.

Our Call-In - for which I was one of the five signatories – did not prevent the Budget cuts going ahead as planned. We called for a named vote on the Budget, so concerned were we about cuts in social services.

Some of my Liberal Democrat colleagues have been more involved than me on the issue of mental health. On Friday, I met Marjorie Wallace (CEO of SANE). I try.

To return to the original subject, for some, parks have absolutely nothing to do with mental health. For others – in our busy, noisy, stressful lives – parks represent an oasis of calm, quiet, peace and nature and yes, even a refuge for some and a contributor to good mental health.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service